Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

A Decade

10 years. It’s such a significant amount of time that it’s given a name…a decade. Envision having the greatest desire you could imagine tugging at your heart for a decade. Over 3,650 days hoping and praying for something you so desperately want. Not the latest video game, not a new car, not the latest fashion trend, but a biological child who resembles you and your spouse.  That has been my heart’s desire for over a decade. My husband, Chad, and I have tried desperately to conceive a child that we can teach to love Jesus and love others.

I’ve spent a lot of time hoping and praying, seeking what God would have me learn in the waiting, shedding tears and feeling hope all along the way. Chad and I are in the beginning steps of our fifth, and final, round of in vitro fertilization (IVF). We have had four failed rounds of IVF, and lost all of the children we have conceived thus far. One day, after I’ve met Jesus, I can’t wait to meet our children! How amazing it will be to meet my Heavenly Father and my children!

We have come to realize, through information provided from our doctors as well as our past experiences, that the only way we will conceive will be through a miracle. We are certainly hoping and praying for that miracle, but we know that no matter what happens, we will never stop praising the name of Jesus!

2 comments:

  1. miracles happen. I was told in 2007 that both of my tubes were blocked and would need IVF to conceive. My ex husband decided to divorce instead.
    My son, conceived naturally, is now three. I prayed for 5 years, even through a divorce for him. It's difficult, raising a toddler/preschooler. I suppose It won't get easier, circumstances will just change. He challenges me in ways I didn't think were possible. He has my knack for argument and pulls no punches with me. I give Chasse full credit when he wins. I can not argue when he gives me a good reason why he is doing something I clearly told him not to do. I want him to think for himself and be able to defend his actions and thoughts. He is well on his way to that!

    If you want blogging advice, or to just talk blogging I write my own blog at http://ericabarker.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, Erica! I look forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete