Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

To ICSI or not to ICSI?

Do we do ICSI or not? That is the question Chad and I wrestled with last night and this morning. As I was praying this morning, I really felt like God was telling me to trust Him. At the beginning of this year, 2013, our pastor asked us to choose a word for the year. The word I chose was trust, and it has been impactful countless times. I've learned a lot about trust over the past year, and really felt like God has been teaching me. So, we decided that we would tell the doctor that we were choosing not to do ICSI.

I asked the doctor what his thoughts were on whether we should do ICSI or not (before telling him the conclusion Chad and I came to). We talked about our past cycles of IVF, and the doctor said he would double check my chart.  He said he thought we did not need to do ICSI. That was encouraging, especially since we already had come to the conclusion that we were not going to do ICSI. 

I have all of my instructions for the coming days and weeks. My egg retrieval is tomorrow morning. I have to be there at 9 a.m., and the retrieval should happen at 10 a.m. They did a blood draw today to make sure that the trigger shot I took last night was working, and the nurse called and said that everything looks good for tomorrow morning!

We appreciate any prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment