Pages

Monday, November 25, 2013

Trigger Shot - Tonight!

I just heard from my doctor that I will be taking my trigger shot tonight at 10 p.m. That means that I'll have to be at my doctor's office at 9 a.m. on Wednesday for the egg retrieval. My estrogen and progesterone continue to be right where they need to be.

I have an appointment tomorrow morning to go over everything I will need to know before Wednesday. We have to make the decision, along with the doctors, on whether or not we will do ICSI. That is where they take an individual sperm and inject it into the egg. If they don't do ICSI, then they let the sperm fertilize the egg on their own. We've had good fertilization in the past, but there's always a possibility that without ICSI, none could fertilize. However, at the same time, ICSI is another form of manipulation between the eggs and sperm. So, please pray for wisdom as we make this choice by tomorrow morning.

Thanks, too, for the continued prayers. We continue to pray for a miracle! 

The nurse seems very upbeat about how things have progressed this cycle. 

One bit of good news about taking the trigger shot tonight is that I will not have any shots or needles anywhere in my skin for about 36 hours! I'll go all day tomorrow without a blood draw, shot or IV. Also, it will be the first time in several weeks that I haven't had to get up for a 6:30 a.m. shot. I'm feeling very excited about that! 

We are trusting that the Lord is holding each of these moments in His hands. We know that He is in control, and we are so thankful that He loves us. Whether this cycle of IVF ends in us having a biological child or not, we are in awe of all that He has done for us. We are thankful that He has allowed us to grow, as individuals and as a couple, over the last 10 years. I can see the many ways God has been there for us, and am in complete awe of the fact that He loves me enough to care about every detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment